What information will you need to bring your lender?If you are looking for a new home, it’s time to start gathering your financial records. Your mortgage lender will require information to get your application started. Here is a quick list that will help.
Required Mortgage Information
If you are looking for a new home, it’s time to start gathering your financial records. The mortgage lender will require you to provide them with the complete list of items shown below at the time of the loan application:
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- Social Security Card.
- Name, Address and Phone number of employers for the last 2 years.
- Name, Address and Phone number of all landlords for the last 2 years.
- Residence Address for the last 2 years.
- Pay stubs for the last 2 months.
- Bank statements for the last 2 months. (Checking & Savings)
- W-2s for the last 2 years. If you are self-employed, you will also need your last 2 years’ tax returns.
- Copy of the contract on the home you are purchasing and, if applicable, the one you are selling.
- Money for the credit report and appraisal fees.
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD214 or statement of service (for veterans only.)
- Copies of Bankruptcy filings and discharges within the past 7 years.
- Copies of divorce decree and separation agreements. (Adjudicated)